Susan Bourrie, M.A., M.A.L.M., ED.S.
Writer, Educator, and Disability Advocate
ED.S. in Curriculum, Teaching, and Educational Policy: Literacy, Michigan State University in 2003.
M.A.L.M. in School Library Media, Central Michigan University in 1995.
M.A. in English: Children’s Literature, Central Michigan University in 1992.
ALA Core Classes in Library Studies, The University of Michigan in 1991.
B.A. in English and Latin, Northern Illinois University in 1969.
A.A. in English and Latin, Illinois Valley Community college in 1967.
- Managed a public library children’s room and staff.
- Planned, supervised, and implemented a public library summer reading program.
- Completed graduate courses in Volunteer Project Management, Grant and Fund Procurement, and School Finance.
- Taught American Literature and Grammar at the high school level.
- Taught university level courses in Reading, Expository Writing, Research Writing, Advanced Research Writing, and Writing for the Professions.
- Planned and conducted library tours and skills workshops.
- Conducted story hours and related activities.
- Trained students in classroom presentation skills (public speaking, book talks, and storytelling).
- Met for conferences with university students on campus and online.
- Facilitated peer editing sessions, support groups, and workshops.
- Assisted, advised, and managed conflicts among female dormitory residents.
Contact: email@example.com Phone: 734-717-4035